I adore hard boiled eggs and even more so deviled eggs & egg salad. I was lucky to have been taught the “Never Fail” technique for the perfect hard boiled egg from my Gram many years ago. And now I am passing along the secret to perfect hard boiled eggs every time- even for those people who consider themselves a disaster in the kitchen!
Gram’s Never Fail Hard Boiled Eggs
TOTAL TIME: 25-30 min.
- Eggs- However many you want to use
- Place eggs in a large pot or saucepan.
- Completely cover eggs with water.
- Bring pot of eggs to a rolling boil.
- When water has reached boil, cover and remove from heat.
- Let sit covered for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, remove lid from pot and empty water into drain.
- Run cold water over the eggs to stop cooking process.
- Add ice cubes to assist in the cool down.
- Start peeling eggs.
Unpeeled eggs can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.