Pregnancy craving alert! Visions of chicken, mushrooms & rice would not leave my thoughts so I needed a plan to quell this craving. In comes my Gram’s Chicken & Rice Casserole. But since I have been exhausted by the time I get home from work, the last thing I wanted to think about was cooking a casserole; I wanted that deliciousness ready the moment I walked through the door. I decided to “Crockpot Style” this recipe as my Crockpot is a pregnant woman’s best friend.
Gram’s Chicken & Rice Crockpot Style
TOTAL PREP TIME: 10-15 minute
TOTAL COOK TIME: 6-8 Hours
MAKES: 6 servings
- 6-8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 8 oz. Mushrooms (I used the baby bellas- they were on sale)
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 3/4 Cup Rice (I used Brown)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Add cream of mushroom soup & milk in medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add rice to crockpot.
- Add chopped garlic to rice.
- Pour soup & milk mixture over rice.
- Add mushrooms to crockpot (I broke them up into smaller pieces with my hands).
- Season chicken thighs with salt & pepper.
- Place chicken thighs on top of rice mixture in crockpot.
- Turn crockpot on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir before serving.